Health Support Queensland (HSQ) delivers a wide range of diagnostic, scientific, clinical support and payroll services to enable the delivery of frontline healthcare. It provides critical services to Hospital and Health Services’, government agencies, clients and the community.
HSQ services include:
- Pathology Queensland — a statewide network of 35 laboratories servicing all HHSs across metropolitan, regional and remote Queensland. Pathology Queensland specialises in immunology, haematology, chemistry, microbiology and anatomical pathology.
- Forensic and Scientific Services — providing expert analysis and advice on forensics including DNA analysis, forensic chemistry, toxicology, pathology (autopsies), forensic medical services and scientific testing for public and environmental health. This service is a vital part of the government’s response for threats to public health and the environment, epidemics and outbreaks, civil emergencies, criminal investigations and Coroners’ inquiries into reportable deaths.
- Strategic Procurement and Supply — delivering procurement and supply services across the Queensland public health system. Services include strategic procurement, warehousing, distribution and supply of medical and non-medical consumables.
- Central Pharmacy — delivering a comprehensive pharmaceutical purchasing and distribution service, providing Queensland Health facilities across the state with a cost effective one-stop pharmaceutical supply chain solution.
- Biomedical Technology Services — providing a comprehensive range of health technology management services to ensure HHS health technology fleets are safe, effective and appropriate. Services include asset lifecycle management, information and advice, technology support services, and safety and quality support and consulting.
- Health Contact Centre (13HEALTH and 13QUIT) — providing confidential health assessment and information services to Queenslanders 24/7 over the phone and online.
Services include general health information, triage nursing advice, child health and parenting advice, chronic disease self-management, and smoking cessation counselling and support. The centre is also the primary health communications point in civil disasters (i.e. floods and cyclones) and provides health alerts for communicable diseases and health product recalls.
- Payroll Portfolio — oversees a program of work to provide improved workforce management, payroll and business outcomes as well as providing operational support, lifecycle management and a secure online portal for staff.
- Group Linen Services — providing specialist healthcare linen hire, sourcing, warehousing, distribution and laundry services. Group Linen Services is one of the largest linen services in Australia. The service provides linen to seven HHSs via facilities at Maryborough, The Prince Charles Hospital and Princess Alexandra Hospital.
- Radiology Support — providing radiology informatics expertise, support and training for users of the enterprise radiology information system and the enterprise picture archive and communication system, expert advice, maintenance of policies and guidelines to assist medical imaging departments with accreditation, revenue collection and reporting.
- ICT Support Services — providing a range of information and communication technology (ICT) support services for statewide and local clinical applications including AUSLAB, i.Pharmacy, enterprise-wide Liaison Management System, GP Connect, Quantitative Impact Study 2, Quality Rating and Improvement System, Enterprise Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
To be Australia’s best healthcare support partner.
Helping care for Queenslanders.
Our fundamental principles
- Customers and patients first